Georgia – Lowndes County responded to complaints of suspected human trafficking and drug distribution in the area.
The investigation revealed that drug distributors were supplying narcotics to people offering sexual services for financial gain, according to the sheriff’s office.
Ashley Paulk said that investigators with the Special Operations Division conducted an investigation last week to identify those involved in the criminal activity.
Sheriff’s also seized several firearms during the course of the operation that were found in possession of the suspects, as well as drugs and related items.
Seventeen suspects were identified as perpetrating crimes listed below, and were arrested:
- Benjamin Godwin; Trafficking in cocaine, possession of tools commission of a crime, possession of marijuana, warrants out of Hillsborough County, Fla. for trafficking and delivery of cocaine, and Pierce County
- Jennifer Duncan; Possession of cocaine, Possession of methamphetamine, Prostitution
- Christian Tucker; Possession of Cocaine and Pimping
- Daniel Joshua Smith; Pandering
- Justin Deshawn Peterson; Criminal Attempt to Sell Cocaine, Possession of Cocaine With the Intent to Distribute, Use of Communications Device to Facilitate a Drug Transaction.
- Brian James Degler; Pandering, recovered firearms
- Martieze Antwane Stewart ; Pandering
- Christopher Davis Penn; Pandering
- Stanley Edward White; Pandering
- Robert F. DeBerry; Pandering, recovered firearms
- Corey B Clines; Pandering
- Grayson Jarrett Goss; Pandering
- Timothy Eugene Cannington; Pandering, recovered firearms
- Shakino Takeua Olds; Prostitution
- Aleisha Quiana Covington; Prostitution
- Freddie Bernard Buckholts; Pandering
- Willie Lester; Pandering
Investigators were able to link one of the suspected human trafficking victims to Mexican Cartel associates