An Idaho man was arrested by the Elmore County Sheriff’s Office on June 11 and charged with rape from an incident involving a child.
The suspect, Anthony Nathaniel Barrera, was also under investigation by the Mountain Home Police Department involving a separate rape allegation involving a different child.
More allegations and other potential victims were identified following a joint investigation by ECSO and MHPD. Those incidents are still being investigated.
Both agencies believe there may be more unknown victims in this case. If you have any helpful information, you can call the sheriff’s office or MHPD to make a report.
A complaint has officially been filed against Barrera by the Elmore County Prosecutor’s office. He’s been charged with 25 counts of various crimes.
In total, he’s been charged with:
- 3 counts of aggravated assault
- 3 counts of rape
- 1 count of aggravated battery
- 2 counts of child enticement over the internet
- 1 count of attempted strangulation
- 1 count of second-degree kidnapping
- 2 counts of domestic battery
- 10 counts of sexual exploitation of a child
- 1 count sexual abuse of a child
- 1 count of lewd conduct with a child under 16